New Church University
NCU is delivered in three seperate events covering the follow ing training tracks:
Have you felt God's call on your life to plant a new church? Or maybe to refocus a church or to restart a struggling church? Now sure how to proceed? Do you have a district with several churches that need to be re-ignited and leaders that need to think through the planning details for effective 21st century ministry? Whichever your case, New Church University will provide you with the training and resourcing you need to go to that next level. The three tracks are desinged to provide tools you will need to start a new church, refocus an existing church or restart a struggling church.
We should make plans - counting on God to direct us.Proverbs 16:9 (LB)
What Is New Church University?
New Church University (NCU) is a specialized training event designed to coach church leaders in thinking through the critical components involved in starting, retarting or refocusing a local church. We realize that your success is greatly affected by your ability to create and implement a strategy or plan. We will help you do that through a four-day workshop designed to equip you with what you need to create that plan for success.
Who Needs to Attend NCU?
Whether you are a chuch planter, launch team member refocusing pastor, restart leader, lay leaders, coach, denomination supervisor or a parent church leader, NewStart University, ReStart University and ReFocus University will provide training to give you the knowledge, skill and confidence you need for your church.
What is the NCU Schedule?
This varies with each event. We try to adapt to the needs of the sponsoring church or distirct. A typical schedule:
For a local church or church planting project:
Friday -- 6 - 9 pm
Saturday -- 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday -- 3 - 6 pm
For a District/Regional event:
Thursday -- 6-9 pm
Friday -- 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday -- 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
What Will I Get Out of This Training?
In your Church Action Plan you will develop a clear:
- Divine Call & Passion
- Clear assessment of your current reality
- Understanding and engaging your community
- Intercession Strategy
- Loving the place and church God has called you to serve
- Developing a Misson statement that will guide you
- Developing Core Values that will determine your priorities
- Developing a Vision that will drive you
- How to build a Refocus team or a Launch Team
- Designing your Ministry Action Plan -- What does a healthy church look like?
- Facility Issues -- Where to meet? How to remodel?
- How to build agenda harmony in a NewStart project or How to pace change in an existing church
- Openning the front door and closing the back door -- Outrach and Advertising strategy
- Building a vision driven budget and stewardship plan
- How to develop a mulitiplication strategey
- Accountability Relationships: Denomination/District/Parent/Sponsor
- The importance of coaching and how to find a coach
- Developing a Timeline & Critical Milestones
- Pacing Change and loving through conflict
Who Are The Presenters?
- Rev. Lonnie Bullock - Executive Director NCS
- Dr. Dan Croy - Senior Consultant, NCS
- Rev. Tim Gates - Senior Consulant and coaching director, NCS
What People Are Saying About NCU & NCS:
NCU not only exceeded my expectations, but soared beyond my dreams.Harold Wedel
ReFocusing Pastor, Harvester Church of the Nazarene
St. Louis, MO
There is a difference between hitting a home run by mistake and knowing how to connect for a high batting average. This event taught me to know how to plan and how to swing. It's like having a laser on the end of your God given bat!Jim Walden
ReFocusing Pastor, American Baptist
Kansas City, MO
This event has changed my life in the biggest of ways! I realize God has a plan and I need to have one too...Thank you, NCU.Joseph Kromewitter
Church Planter, Northern Michigan
NCU made me acutely aware of the necessity of thinking through and planning NewStart, ReStart, and ReFocusing opportunities on our district. Every pastor who is considering planting or refocusing a church should take the kind of intensive training offered by NCU.Ronald C. McClung
District Superintendnent, The Wesleyan Church
I am so thankful that at the beginning of my superintendency in Houston, NCU has given me great hope. The mission is possible!Duane Srader
District Superintendent, Church of the Nazarene
This week has greatly reshaped everything I thought I knew about planting and ReFocusing. Thanks for the in-depth and precise organization and planning for this life changing event.Dr. David G. Roland
District Superintendent, Church of the Nazarene
Northeastern Indiana District
This leadership-enriched, content-packed, strategically focused, four-day event is some of the best time and money you will invest...I enthusiastically commend NCU as a training tool you should consider.Dr. Jerry Pence
General Director of Evangelism & Church Growth, The Wesleyan Church