Church Planting (NewStarts)
From its beginning, New Church Specialties has delivered specialty services to church plants and church planters, what we call "NewStart Churches." There are MULTIPLE MODELS for planting a new church. In all of these models, the specialty services NCS provides are centered around our nationally recognized 5-Part Training System. NCS does not just provide conferences for church planting, we engage church planters in an effective training system. This system includes the following:
- Assessment: 1 Day Behavioral Assessments to explore & confirm church planting capability. If married, we require both the planter and spouse to participate.
- Up-Front Learning: Church planters & launch team members who enroll in New Church University are challenged to learn about church planting before they arrive at NCU. NCU curriculum is built on clear desired outcomes and we want the planters we train to know these outcomes before they arrive.
- First-Draft Church Action Plan: Our experience at New Church University (NCU) has taught us that the people who get the most out of NCU are the ones who put the most into it. We encourage planters and their launch teams to work through and become familiar with the church planting issues and NCU training components prior to arrival. The components are explained in chapter 7 of Dr. McKain's book, "Falling in Love with the Church." The chapter is entitled, "Beginning with the End in Mind."
- Attending an NCU: 3 days of intensive training for both church planters and their launch team members in the NewStart Training Track at New Church University.
- Securing An NCS Nationally Qualified Coach: Our research confirms over and over again that the church plants who have the greatest chance for success and long-term health are those who secure a qualified coach. We HIGHLY encourage church planters NOT to try and plant a church alone but seek the benefit of someone who has successfully navigated "NewStart waters" before you.